The Arizona Lottery sponsored a Facebook Night at the Phoenix Suns game last night. Since I'm in charge of the Lottery's social media presence, I was in charge of helping at the game. Now normally, there would be much grumbling about having to work on a Sunday night. However, the Suns said they'd get us tickets to the game, so I invited Wil along and decided I could handle going to a Suns game in the name of work.
Friday night, I got an email from my contact at the Suns that said, "We got you great floor seats. See you Sunday."
Floor seats? FLOOR SEATS??? I got home and excitedly told Wil that we had floor seats and his first question was - "what's their definition of floor?"
Me, "Does it matter? They'll still be better seats than we have ever had in our entire lives!"
Followed by Wil saying, "if only I'd known four hours earlier, I could've bragged to all the guys at work when they asked me what I was going to do this weekend!"
The view from our seats!
For the record, we were in the second row of floor seats just to the left of the basket. The seats were AWESOME...and the game goes by so much faster when you sit on the floor!
Steve Nash shooting Free Throws
You were hoping for a close up of that? Oh, okay!
I kept wanting the game to slow down because I wasn't done savoring my floor experience, you know...the experience where I could hear the players yelling at each other, make out what they were saying to the ref, see them breathing hard and the beads of sweat on their arms, and was totally distracted because the other team had some sort of logo/writing on the butt of their jerseys and I couldn't figure out what it said, experience!!!
It was a great game! We played the Hornets - led by 10 in the first half, were down by 10 in the first half, were up by 10 with five minutes left, were up by 5 with 30 seconds left, were biting our nails when we were up by two and the Hornets had the ball with 9 seconds left...and managed to pull out a win!
Plus...floor seats come with this perk called the Flex Print Club - yep, I know it sounds like the business center in a hotel...however, it's actually this cool little place under the stands that I never knew existed. It's full of free drinks, free food, private bathrooms (this is a very big deal when you're eight months pregnant!) and a nice old man called the host that welcomes you, gives you a run down of everything that's going on and remembers you every time you pass him after that. Plus you get to watch the team run from the locker room to the tunnel to enter the court. This is the place where the really rich people hang out - this is the place where you see the Governor just hanging out and snacking on dinner - this is a seriously COOL place!!!
Wil and I decided we would have to be filthy rich (like over the top filthy rich) to justify purchasing floor seats...however, if anyone has some free floor seats they don't plan to use, we would be more than happy to take them off of your hands!
3 comments:
so cool! When I read the title - I thought this was going to be a post about how... "I am eight months pregnant, I can't get up from the floor anymore" - but it was way better!
that sounds like so so much fun, jessica!! great pics!
oh - were you at the game where the kid went thru the hoop during the half-time show? (joey had to have me ask - he was quite interested)
Like, WHOA!! You probably got Steve Nash sweat beads ON YOU. I'm not a huge sports fanatic but that would have been dang cool. I also promise to call and get the 411 on you and BABY!!! Hope you are well.
Post a Comment