Saturday, September 1, 2012

What does a chick say?

Lynda moved down to the dorms at the University of Arizona a few weeks ago. My aunt and uncle were suffering from partially empty nest syndrome, so they decided to fill their nest with hens so they can get fresh eggs.

They have six cute little chicks that we went to go visit Monday night.

I was very brave and knelt on a tall chair while they let the chicks roam free so Addie could meet them. It should be noted that every time Addie looked at me, I put on my very best calm, happy face. When she wasn't looking at me, I would jump every time my foot touched the back of my other leg thinking a chick and found its way onto my stool!

At first, Addie thought the chicks were a bit freaky... 


But, she warmed up to them by the time we were done. 

 

It's a good thing Daddy is brave, because there is no way, you would have seen me down on the floor holding the chicks!



No comments: