Monday, December 29, 2008

My Wedding Dress

One of the best parts about my wedding dress is that my mother-in-law made it for me. I took her to the store to show her the one I loved, but that was ridiculously overpriced, and she started sketching on a scratch piece of paper. The next thing I knew we were shopping for material and she was creating a pattern out of wrapping paper.

I absolutely loved my dress - and what wasn't to love, since she let me design it. This year for Christmas, Elsa gave each of her granddaughters a Barbie wearing a wedding dress that she sewed for it. Much to my surprise, I also received a Barbie for Christmas. But it wasn't wearing just any wedding dress...it was wearing MY wedding dress!!! She recreated the dress for me and put it on this very special Barbie. I've been instructed that this Barbie belongs to my future daughter - but to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I'll be able to part with it. I think I'm going to look for a stand this weekend so I can stand my new Barbie up in our entertainment center, right now, she has to lean against the side wall of the entertainment center.



I thought you would want to compare it to my actual wedding dress, but it's kind of hard to see the details of my dress in these pictures. If you click on the photo and make it bigger, you should be able to see it better.


2 comments:

Alison said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!!! Cool gift.

the Danosaur said...

That is so cool! What a great way to keep your awesome dress on display...genius. I want one!