Last night, Wil and I went to my grandma's house to visit Elvis. My grandma and Wil's mom Elsa went to a Christmas concert at North Phoenix Baptist Church, so she wasn't home at the time. When we got there, we let Elvis out of his kennel and immediately took him and Oscar outside to relieve themselves.
Sometimes I feel a little guilty that this dog is intruding into Oscar's life, so I try to be extra nice to Oscar. Since Oscar was done first and Wil was out in the yard with Elvis, Oscar and I ran in the house and shut the sliding glass door behind us. We ran into the living room and I put Oscar on the couch to play with him.
All of a sudden, I heard the loudest thud as something hit the sliding glass door at full force.
Apparently, when my grandma lets Elvis out to use the restroom, she leaves the door open so he can come back in and without her having to go open the door - Oscar has a doggie door, so this has never been a problem in his life. Wil said Elvis finished peeing and took off at full speed; Wil wasn't sure what he was doing, but didn't think much of it...until we both heard him slam into the sliding glass door. Wil said it's the loudest yelp he's ever heard come out of a dog.
I'm sure it hurt, and I probably should feel bad for Elvis. But in reality - it's one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed! My grandma's going to have to stop keeping her sliding glass door so clean. My uncle suggested putting a dachshund sticker on the door so Elvis will know when it's closed!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You will always have a place to use the bathroom at our place Jessica.
ok, that was So sad. But, honestly, I thought you were going to say that Wil walked into the door... cause then I would laugh. A lot.
I feel sorry for Elvis... I know exactly how he feels. I've run into my fair share of closed sliding glass doors. Poor thing!
Post a Comment