We decided to try growing a garden again this year. I LOVE going to check on our little garden. It makes me feel so, this sounds totally dorky, but connected to something bigger than me. The plants are alive and growing and will one day have fruit or vegetables on them and I think that's really cool! The best time is when I've waited a few days between checking on them and can really see how much bigger the plants have gotten or how much they've changed. SO COOL!
That big one in the back is yellow tomatoes. It has about ten flowers on it right now...I can't WAIT until they are tomatoes!!!
What are we growing you ask? Lots of yummy things. Onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, orange bell peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon, carrots, corn, green beans and I think something else, but I can't remember what.
Our carrots, I think. I actually thought they were weeds when they first popped up, but decided to wait and see rather than pulling them right away. We planted them in rows, but I'm pretty sure some lovely canine friends might have moved the seeds around a bit.
If you remember, the
last time we planted a garden, we forgot to label where we put the seeds. This time, we were smarter than that! We learned from our mistake, so we took rocks and wrote the name of the vegetable or fruit on the rock and placed it in front of the plant or the row of seeds. There was only one problem with this plan. Elvis, Jack and Jill thought it was great fun to get in the garden to dig and move around the rocks. :-) So now, we're back to guessing what some of the plants are.
This is our regular tomato plant. I think the flowers are SO pretty. I'm also thinking those are going to have to be tiny red tomatoes, otherwise they're going to take down this tiny plant!One other thing for you to notice in these photos is the drip line. Our old drip line had holes and the water control valves had fallen off so it left huge puddles of water (huge). I was afraid these puddles would kill my newly acquired gardening habit. So we picked up all the stuff we needed to install a new drip line. Wil was at work one Saturday and I was determined to take something off his to do list before he got home. It was either the drip line or a new faucet in the guest bathroom and the drip line sounded way easier. I installed that entire drip line by myself - with a little explaining of what to do by my uncle over the phone. How impressed are you?
3 comments:
I am very impressive - but you are even more impressive (gotta love type-o's!)
Tell me how your fruit turns out! We don't have any (other than the trees of course)
We just ate our first yellow tomato from our garden last night - it was excellent. Our bell peppers are delicious but tiny and strange. Apparently (I did not taste to check) our habanero's are very weak jalepenos.
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMPRESSED!!! Way to go with the drip line!! And way to go with the garden!
Super duper impressed. Plus the veggies are so much yummier than ones from the store.
Post a Comment