Monday, October 17, 2011

What Do I Do All Day?

I feel like I'm busy all day. I feel like I don't sit down just to sit all day. But, what do I do all day? I have NO idea! I thought I would have all of this spare time, since I'm staying home. I don't.

Thursday, I decided to track what I did ALL day. I had to know...and I thought it would be a fun blog post. Without further ado, here's what I do, ALL DAY!

6:50 a.m. - Hit the snooze
7:10 a.m. - Get up
7:15 a.m. - Wash pumping supplies
7:20 a.m. - Pump
8:00 a.m. - Load and start dishwasher, put in a load of laundry
8:05 a.m. - Addie's awake! (this is the BEST part of my day!) Get her out of her crib and feed her.
8:20 a.m. - Change diaper, get Addie dressed for the day
8:30 a.m. - Make and eat breakfast
8:45 a.m. - Shower while Addie plays on the floor
9:00 a.m. - Put Addie on the bed with toys while I get dressed
9:05 a.m. - Get dressed, brush teeth (this fascinates my daughter!), play with Addie, switch laundry
9:15 a.m. - Play with Addie while calling/talking to my Grandma and folding laundry, then put on make up while talking to Addie in the mirror, brush my hair (Addie loves watching me brush my hair - we have to run the brush through her hair a couple times too), blow dry my hair (this was a GOOD day!)
9:45 a.m. - Read stories (our favorites are On The Night You Were Born, Calico, and anything she can touch/feel)
10 a.m. - Pump
10:25 a.m. - Switch laundry, change diaper, feed Addie
10:50 a.m. - Put Addie down for a nap, check email, waste too much time looking at Pinterest and Facebook
11 a.m. - Work on my project
11:25 a.m. - Switch laundry, make and eat lunch
11:45 - Addie's awake! Fold laundry while playing peekaboo on the bed
12:15 p.m. - Change diaper, get ready to pump...oops, Addie does NOT want to play on the floor...move pumping stuff to the bed, put Addie on the bed and settle in
12:20 p.m. - Pump, play keep away with Addie and my pumping stuff (she likes to pull on the pump while it's attached!), sing songs, make funny noises to keep Addie from crying, listen to Addie cry while I finish pumping because I won't let her play with the pump while it's attached (I'm SO mean!)
12:35 p.m. - Feed Addie, play
1:25 p.m. - Put away laundry, read book, play, work on project while Addie plays on the floor
1:45 p.m. - Unload dishes
2 p.m. - Pump
2:20 p.m. - Load dishwasher, wash pots and pans
2:30 p.m. - Wil's home! (my second favorite part of the day!)
2:45 p.m. - Head to the office to do some freelance work while Wil watches the baby
4 p.m. - Pump/check Pinterest while pumping
4:30 p.m. - Make dinner
5:15 p.m. - Eat dinner, Wil leaves for school, feed baby
6:00 p.m. - Pump, change clothes and put on tennis shoes for Zumba
6:40 p.m. - Find out Zumba is canceled for tonight, my shoes are already on, decide to go for a walk instead
7:20 p.m. - Home from walk, feed Addie, change diaper, put lotion and jammies on Addie
8 p.m. - Pump
8:20 p.m. - Wil's home from school
8:30 p.m. - Feed baby, give her to Wil to put to bed, review Wilton teaching information that arrived today
9:40 p.m. - Bedtime! (I'm pretty sure I couldn't sleep, so I got up and did some other stuff...but I didn't write down what I did)

2 comments:

the Danosaur said...

Before you have one, you think, taking care of a baby can't be THAT time consuming, but it is! Especially when it takes forever to nurse/pump several times a day!

Lily said...

Just wait till you have another one. My husband was and sometimes still is ignorant of what I do, not a bad idea to write it all down. he he