Wil's 30th Birthday was Friday, May 25...so I threw a little surprise party...a Big Bang Theory surprise party!
Big Bang Theory is our favorite show, so I thought it seemed appropriate. The menu included Milk Duds (the most apologetic of the candies), Junior Mints (you're embarrassing yourself), spaghetti with hot dogs cut up in it (a real eye-talian treat), YooHoo (the name literally beckons), water (neat, with little umbrellas), and Cheesecake, (you know, because of Wil's birthday, not because a coworker sneezed on it).
I made little signs with Big Bang Theory quotes to label all of our treats, kids activities and Wil's spot on the couch! :-) We had Wii sports (the people at Nintendo can only go so far in helping us recreate an actual athletic experience), Jenga (you should have been there for the great Jenga tantrum of '08), chess, and a super secret agent obstacle course for the kids or adults to play.
Unfortunately...I was a total picture slacker. This cell phone pic after everyone left was the only one we got the entire night.
Luckily, the matching shirts were my favorite part of the night anyway! I almost made Wil one, but decided not to because I thought he would think it was dorky...he was actually bummed out he didn't get one, so I told him I would make him one too.
The back of my shirt says "Our babies will be smart and beautiful." The back of Addie's says "Smart & Beautiful."
Happy Birthday, Wil/Daddy! We sure love you!!!
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment