Today, I wrote about the things I say over and over and over again, every day. I thought I'd share my list...and then ask what things do you say EVERY day?
- "Adelyn, we've been changing your diaper seven times a day, EVERY day, since you were born...that's seven times a day, seven days a week, for 54 weeks! WHY do you cry almost every time I change your diaper?"
- "Be gentle," as Addie is whacking her toy against the glass coffee table, or against the wall.
- "Be nice to Elvis! Can you pet him soft?" as she's whacking Elvis or trying to lay on him.
- "Elvis, stop laying on Addie's bear, you're making her cry!" as Addie whines while trying to pull her stuffed animal out from under the forty pound dog.
- "Elvis, get OUT of the garbage!" I say this more times a day than I can count...because Elvis's head is just at the right level for the garbage can. By the end of the day, it sounds more like this..."ELVIS, get OUT. Of. The. GARBAGE!!!" At which point he hides under the kitchen table. I don't need him to hide, I just want him to keep his nose out of the garbage can!!!
- "Oh my!" whenever Addie has a wild and crazy moment.
- "Find something else to do, please."
No comments:
Post a Comment