Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Addie Says

Every two or three days, Addie seems to master a new word. Today's word is happy....which makes me unbelievably happy. Already in her repertoire:

  • Dada (when we practice her words, I'll say one and she'll repeat it. I say Daddy, and she repeats it Dada)
  • Mommy
  • Tita
  • GG (that's what she calls my grandma)
  • Jack (that's my grandma's dog - it comes out more like ja)
  • Good Girl (goo gir, sometimes when she knows she did something naughty, she looks at me and says goo gir?)
  • Clean Up (peen up)
  • Ball (bah)
  • Dog (dah)
  • Apple
  • Baby
  • No
  • Up
  • Down
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Uh oh
  • Oh no
  • Night Night (nigh, nigh)
  • Teeth (she just started saying this one last night)
I swear she knows Arlene too, but I can't get her to say it consistently.

Editor's Note: Since Wednesday, she has added a few more words to her list.

  • Changa (that's Spanish for her monkey...well...we thinks it's a word...Chango is definitely the word for monkey in Mexico...we might have made up the feminine version)
  • Stinky (this one is said while holding her nose)
  • Nana (that's short for banana)
  • Think, Think, Think (she says this while tapping her head with her finger)

No comments: