Friday, my aunt and uncle came over for a birthday celebration. I wanted to have dinner at the park by our house, so they brought their dog Smudge for his very first real dog park excursion (please note, they have three dogs and an acre lot - so every day at their house is like a dog park excursion).
Smudge and my aunt were a bit nervous at the dog park, not sure what to do if the dogs got in a fight. Luckily there was no fighting Friday.
I was excited to show them the ropes of the dog park and show off all of my cool knowledge. I imparted my wisdom about the ridgeback breed of dog and how they all walk funny like that and their hair really grows in a ridge on their backs, it's not just groomed that way. I then went on to explain that you had to be careful where you sat on the picnic tables because some dogs liked to relieve themselves on the legs of said picnic tables. Also, you probably want to steer clear of being too close to the tree.
It was after I had explained all of this and was standing comfortably chatting with my aunt when a dog walked up to me. Since we were at the dog park, this did not seem so uncommon...I glanced at the dog and continued chatting. Until, a woman said, ummm...I think he's peeing on you.
YEP! Definitely peeing on my leg...do I look like a tree or a picnic table leg??? EWWWWW!!!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OH MY GOSH! What did the owner say?!?
that is awful!
The irony here is pretty funny. That's really gross.
We have yet to try the dog park with Sadie... you've made me very nervous to try it!
I really do hope the owner said SOMETHING... do tell.
Um well it really made me laugh hard so it was good for something. But gross!
The owner apologized profusely, over and over and over again. I actually felt bad for her because I would be mortified if my dog did that to someone, but there's really nothing she could have done about it!
Post a Comment