Sunday, January 24, 2010

Barrett-Jackson

Wil and I went to the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction Friday night (thanks to some passes from work). We had a great time looking at all of the cool cars and memorabilia. Here are a few of our favorites...

This motorcycle was seriously awesome! It even had pipes that flames could shoot out of on the other side!


The coolest part of the show was where cars were waiting in a holding/staging area before they were taken inside for auction. Wil was already inside the area, but a Barrett-Jackson rule enforcer was blocking my way in. I asked if I could walk in there to see the cars and he said, not without a pass. I whipped out my handy dandy pass that I received from work and he let me right in (coolest pass ever!).

They had two cars we thought were really cool in that area. First was a Ghostbusters car.


The hood is up because they couldn't get it started to drive into the arena for auction - HA! If you look closely, the guy in the front passenger seat is one of the original ghost busters! His name is name is Ernie Hudson in real life, and he played Winston Zeddemore in the movie.


Our favorite car of the night, by far, was the Batmobile! Seriously...how cool is this thing?


It comes complete with working .30 caliber machine guns that fire oxygen and propane and a FLAME THROWER! Plus it's street legal - not sure how a car that has working machine guns and a flame thrower could be street legal...but that's what the description said.


We thought it would sell for a ton of money, but it ended up only going for about $57,000 or so. Can you believe that? I mean, $57,000 is a lot of money, but the Ghostbusters car went for more than $80,000. You would think the Batmobile would be better than the Ghostbusters car!

Random side story: Apparently my grandma's brother Arthur Wahlers was one of the first guys invovled in the Barrett-Jackson. Back then it was Wahlers something, or something Wahlers...she couldn't remember. How cool is that?

No comments: