
Ocean front property in Arizona
From my front porch you can see the sea
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona
If you buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate in free
From my front porch you can see the sea
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona
If you buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate in free
I LOVED that song when I was little - mostly because I thought it was cool that they talk about Arizona, and that's where I live! This week, this song almost came true. My version goes like this.
Lake front property in Arizona
From the main road by our house you can see a lake
We've got some lake front property in Arizona
And tornado watches and warnings to make
From the main road by our house you can see a lake
We've got some lake front property in Arizona
And tornado watches and warnings to make
So...I never claimed to be a songwriter. But holy cow...what is going on with Arizona weather?
I don't think I've EVER heard of a tornado watch or warning in Arizona! But on Thursday...there it was. Complete with flashing directions interrupting my watching of The Office telling people in Scottsdale to seek shelter by going to a basement (yeah, we don't really have those here) or interior room with no windows and to cover themselves with a blanket or pillow to protect from falling debris. Yes...it really did say that. It also said if you were in your car you should pull over and lay down in a ditch.
Wil's and my response? "How come all the cool weather happens in Scottsdale...why can't we ever have a tornado warning in Peoria!?!" (we had a watch...just not a warning). Yeah...we're like that - we love storns. I don't think we would really want a tornado that destroyed stuff and hurt people, maybe just one that knocked down trees and made then cancel work, but didn't cause any serious damage (is that too much to ask?).
I don't think I've EVER heard of a tornado watch or warning in Arizona! But on Thursday...there it was. Complete with flashing directions interrupting my watching of The Office telling people in Scottsdale to seek shelter by going to a basement (yeah, we don't really have those here) or interior room with no windows and to cover themselves with a blanket or pillow to protect from falling debris. Yes...it really did say that. It also said if you were in your car you should pull over and lay down in a ditch.
Wil's and my response? "How come all the cool weather happens in Scottsdale...why can't we ever have a tornado warning in Peoria!?!" (we had a watch...just not a warning). Yeah...we're like that - we love storns. I don't think we would really want a tornado that destroyed stuff and hurt people, maybe just one that knocked down trees and made then cancel work, but didn't cause any serious damage (is that too much to ask?).
2 comments:
Seriously! How CRAZY is this weather?? It looks like it may be gone for good. We will see :)
i thought the same thing - i want a tornado in PEORIA! so i can say "i survived it" and i'd love to see it - how cool!
Post a Comment