Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby's Room

Adelyn's room has quickly become one of my favorite rooms in the whole house! We're still working on some of the finishing touches, but thought I would post some photos of what it looks like now.

First, we needed a dresser. Inspired by a friend who refinishes furniture from thrift stores - you can read her blog here - we bought this hideous thing at Goodwill for $30. It was UGLY (seriously, this before picture doesn't do it justice!), but it had potential.


Wil stripped and sanded and refinished until it looked like this...


I felt so loved every time I heard the sander coming from the garage! I LOVE the way it turned out! Wil did an AMAZING job! We use it as her dresser/changing table and it has worked out perfectly so far.

When Wil told me he would paint the room for me, I was shocked! He HATES painting - and since I was pregnant, I couldn't exactly help. We (and by we, I mean Wil) painted one accent wall a chocolate brown color with white wall board on the bottom. I love, Love, LOVE it!


The fan in the baby's room was super old and super ugly. My aunt and uncle gave us my cousin Lynda's fan (that she's had since she was little) in exchange for installing the new fan they wanted in her room. We repainted Lynda's old fan (it was red with black polka dots and flowers to match her current room) with the same paint we used for the wall. I think it's the perfect addition to the room.


Still to come - we have a large mirror (it came with the dresser) that Wil is going to figure out how to frame that we can hang on one wall. I also want to spell Adelyn's name in wooden letters and get a vinyl saying for the wall above her crib...I'm just not sure what I want it to say yet. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Work! I am so impressed. She is just so sweet and I hope she is sleeping better.

Team Skousen said...

WOW!!! You guys did an amazing job on the dresser! It turned out awesome :)

Natalie said...

What about "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart" or "With a butterfly kiss and a lady bug hug, sleep tight little one, like a bug in a rug" or "Like stardust glistening on fairies wings,little girl's dreams are of magical things" or "once upon a fairy tale from far far away, there came a little princess to this room to play" or "Before you were conceived I wanted you.
Before you were born I loved you.
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of LOVE"

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

or "A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep" or "May you touch fireflies and stars,
dance with fairies and talk to the moon.
May you grow up with love and gracious hearts and people who care.
Welcome to the world little one,
we've been waiting for you" or "sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of" or "Golden slumber kiss your eyes smiles await you when you arise"