But, by the time Wil and I woke up Wednesday morning, we were ready to head home - we'd been there since Sunday evening! We packed all of our stuff, and Wil took it down to the car so we would have less to carry later. The pediatrician came in to check on Adelyn and we were expecting to be told we could go home - but instead we were told we had to stay the full 48 hours from when she was born, which meant we wouldn't be going home until around 6 p.m. Ugh! We were SO ready to get home!
We spent the day napping and trying to keep ourselves entertained while the hours slowly ticked by. Around 4, we dressed Adelyn in her going home outfit, double checked to make sure we had everything packed and took some pictures while we waited (we had to do something to entertain ourselves!).
Adelyn looked teeny-tiny in her car seat! I don't think I've ever seen Wil drive so carefully in my entire life. I spent the drive home watching the car seat to make sure it didn't tip over (I was SURE it was about to tip, even though it was securely installed in the backseat) and Wil spent the drive going extra slow around turns and watching all of the other cars on the road like a hawk!
1 comment:
awww she's so tiny!!!
Post a Comment