Monday, June 27, 2011

Passive Aggressive

When Wil and I get mad - which to be honest, isn't all that often - we tend to be a bit passive aggressive. For instance there is a guy who lives down the block and around the corner. On a regular basis, he parks his car in front of our house and walks home. First of all, WHY?!? Second of all, that's SO annoying. When it reaches the point that we are super bugged, we park one of our cars in front of our house so he can't park there. We feel somehow vindicated and the guy that lives down the street doesn't know any better.

Saturday, Waldo came over to help Wil fix the brakes on the Honda. Waldo was parked in front of our house, and they needed space to work on the car, so they parked my car in front of the house across the street. To be honest, we then promptly forgot about it until Sunday when we were leaving for church. As we drove off, I mused at how much it bugs us when the neighbors park in front of our house and that we should be sure to move my car when we got home. Wil agreed, we wouldn't want to be hypocrites, after all. Wil dropped me off after church, went home teaching, and then moved my car back into our driveway.

This morning, when I went out to my car, I found this note - Wil hadn't paid any attention to it when he moved the car yesterday.


Seriously?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!? You're going to call the police and tell them what - a car has been parked on the PUBLIC street in front of my house for not even 24 hours?? SERIOUSLY?!?!

I should note that up until this point, I was excited that we finally had friendly, nice neighbors living in the house across the street. I'm SO bugged, I can't even tell you how bugged I am!

Wil's solution was a text message to Waldo:

"Next time you come over could you please park across the street? We're having a little friendly neighborly dispute. In fact, come over tomorrow."

We'll see your nasty note and raise it one passive aggressive parking battle!!!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I bet you could borrow some cars from all of the family to park all up and down the street. we will even loan the camper... the quad...
as long as they get moved frequently - there is no law against it.

the Danosaur said...

Ha ha! I can just see you conniving all passive aggressively over this. If you need something official-looking, I could probably help with that... :)