Sunday, December 4, 2011

My One Minute

"You work hard, try to provide for the family, and then, for one minute, everything's good. Everyone's well. Everyone's happy. In that one minute, you have peace."

Name that movie!

You know those times in life that you wish you could freeze and always remember because they're so great you never want to forget them? I think I can count mine on one hand...one was last night!

Wil saw an ad for the Electric Light Parade in downtown Phoenix and thought it would be a fun Saturday night activity. So we bundled ourselves up, packed a few chairs and blankets and headed downtown.

It was a cold night for Phoenix, so we dressed Addie extra warm - the bottom half of her had tights, jeans, sweatpants and socks and the top half of her was covered by a long sleeve onesie, sweatshirt and jacket (and socks on her hands because we didn't have any mittens).

We got to the parade a little more than an hour early so we could get good seats and spread out our chairs (we saved spots for Wil's family) right in the front row at 7th Street and Camelback. Addie and I hung out in the chairs while Wil went to move the car closer (we got a little impatient parking and ended up too far away the first time).

Addie and I waiting for the parade...it's a bit dark, but I LOVE the smile on her face, she was having SO much fun!

It started to sprinkle while Wil was moving the car, so I covered Addie up with his jacket and waited for him to come back. Addie likes being outside and was in a particularly good mood last night, so she was super happy when the rain stopped and she could jump up and down and play in my lap. I had the hood on my jacket up because it was COLD - which blocked my peripheral vision so I could only see her in front of me. We giggled and played and laughed some more while we waited for Wil's family to arrive and the parade to start. That was my minute - everyone was happy and healthy, I wasn't worried about anything and I was having a BLAST with my baby girl. It was perfect!

Still waiting for the parade to start - you can see us a lot better in this one. Unfortunately, this is where the camera battery died, so we didn't get any pictures of the floats or Wil's family after they joined us.

The parade started and we had lots of fun watching it until rain and tiny ice chunks started falling pouring down from the sky. Wil didn't see the snow...but I did and it was definitely snowing in Phoenix!

I covered Addie's head with the blanket so she wouldn't get wet and she promptly fell right to sleep. I sat, laughing and holding her while I watched everyone around me scurry to fold up chairs, gather blankets and hot chocolate mugs, and run for their cars.

Wil cleaned up our things while I kept Addie dry and then we made a mad dash for the car - laughing and giggling the entire way! Wil and I were SOAKED. Every part of our whole selves was wet...but Addie slept the entire way to the car and every last inch of her was perfectly dry and warm when we got there.

It was the perfect evening! I loved everything about it! The time to giggle with Addie, Junior shouting "MIRA!" or "TROCA!" each time a new float came by because he was so excited and thought the lights were so cool, the snow, the mad dash to the car and the soaking wet ride home...I cannot imagine a better way to have spent my Saturday!

No comments: