Monday, July 30, 2012

Culture for Toddlers

Our local library participates in the Culture Pass program, which lets you check out free tickets to area attractions. The cool passes, like the Phoenix Zoo, Children's Museum and Science Center, go fast. You have to get there a few minutes before they open to line up for the good passes. I always feel just a bit bad for the Deer Valley Rock Art Museum and the Cave Creek Historical Museum because you can pick up those passes anytime you want...they are ALWAYS there (because really, who wants to go to the Rock Art museum?)! Sad!

Wil had Saturday off work and we decided it would be fun to take Addie to the Children's Museum. Addie and I got to the library ten minutes before they opened Tuesday to secure our two free passes. I've never been to the Children's museum and was ridiculously excited to go! I worried a bit that Addie might still be a little too young and that she would be too timid to play with the toys...HA! It was absolutely perfect for her! She LOVED every minute!

They had the coolest climbing tree in the middle of the museum. Addie likes climbing stairs, so she thought it was excessively neat! I don't think we could have gotten her to stop smiling if we tried!

Addie and Daddy in the boat.


Addie and Daddy climbing down stairs!


Playing in the fort room where kids could make their own forts (or in Addie's case, drag around buckets and crates).


Mommy and Addie having fun!


I cannot even tell you how much Addie LOVED these flowers! She would pick them and twirl them around! We could barely pull her away to move on to the next part of the museum!



Playing in the Noodle Forest...


Banging the drums with her feet!


My normally shy, timid child underwent a major transformation while at the Children's Museum!

Ordinarily, she doesn't go more than a few steps away from us while out in public. Here however, she RAN down the halls away from us to get to the next cool toy. Every time I tried to hold her hand, she would sit down and twist and twist to try to release herself from my grasp so she could get up and run away again!

She loved this cucumber car, and was convinced it was HER car! Another little girl who looked about one came toddling over to the side and Addie stuck out her arm and PUSHED her away from the car! Addie's a bully! What happened to the sweet, gentle, loving baby girl?!?

No comments: