Addie has always liked books, but lately she's started to LOVE books. She will bring you book after book after book to read to her.
Last week, Addie was reading to herself while I was doing a chore. She would get up, pick a book out of her basket, walk across the room to her princess chair, sit down, turn every page so she could look at every picture, stand up, put the book on the coffee table and then head back to her basket for another book.
Around the fifth book, she chose The Ear Book we checked out from the library.
It should be noted that Addie especially loves this particular book. I think it's b.o.r.i.n.g! To make it a bit more exciting, I made up motions and noises for many of the different pages. I move my fingers like popcorn popping when we turn to the page about popcorn going pop, pop, pop; I pretend to snore when we get to the page about hearing dad snore; I blow and blow when we get to the page about sister blowing a bubble with her bubble gum; and we both dance when we get to the page about dad drumming.
I watched her as she walked back to her chair with The Ear Book and sat down to read it. When she got to the page about popcorn, she wiggled her fingers; when she turned to the page about dad snoring and she tried her hardest to make the snoring noise with her mouth; and she broke into her bobbing dance when she saw the dad drumming.
I'm pretty sure she's the CUTEST baby in the entire world. Watching her make the motions and sounds for her book made my entire day!
Monday, July 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment