I went to my weekly ultrasound and OB appointment Tuesday, May 7, ready to deliver! I even had my grandma take some pictures of me, just in case they sent me straight to the hospital.
37 weeks pregnant with twins!
My ultrasound estimated the boy was about 7 pounds 9 ounces and the girl was 6 pounds 12 ounces. That's a LOT of baby!
Addie was only 7 pounds 11 ounces. When my doctor walked in, he looked at my chart and said, "wouldn't it be funny if one of your twins was bigger than your single birth?" To which I thought..."yeah, hysterical...now when do we get them out?"
My ultrasound tech was continually amazed that the twins managed to flip themselves around inside me all of the time. For weeks, they would both have flipped head to toe at every appointment. Eventually the girl - Baby A - settled in head down and stopped moving. But little boy B still moved all the time. He was sideways breech at my 36 week appointment. Anything besides two heads down, and I would have to have a c-section. I actually walked away from that appointment mad at my unborn son! The entire pregnancy, he had hung out in the middle of my uterus and simply pushed his sister out of the way and now I might have to have a C-section because of him. What a bully!
When I went to my May 7 appointment, I was thrilled when he was head down and in position! I was packed and ready to go to the hospital, but the doctor had to get permission from the hospital first to induce at 37 weeks and said he would be in touch with when I should report to the hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment