They checked me in, hooked me up to the monitor and let me know the ultrasound tech would be in shortly to make sure both babies were still in position. The nurse was great and she said they were excited to get to do a vaginal twin birth since most of them end up being C-sections.
The ultrasound tech came in and found that my darling little boy had flipped over again! There was 14 pounds of baby in there...how did he have room to keep flipping around? AND...how did he flip in less than 48 hours? I was a little miffed!
My doctor came in around 7 a.m. If I wasn't dilated very far he said I could go home and wait a couple days hoping little boy B would flip again, but I was dilated to a five. Which meant my babies would be born by C-section that afternoon. They scheduled us for 11, but we got bumped for two emergency C-sections. So we didn't end up going back until 2:30 or 3 p.m.
Wil ready to head back for the C-section.
If I'm being honest, I was terrified to have a C-section, but I kept telling myself lots of women have C-sections and say they are no big deal.
I got my spinal block and tried not to cry as I lay on the operating table and threw up waiting for the medicine to finish kicking in. They put up the screen and Wil came back to meet me. They were already cutting by the time they brought him in - which oddly just felt like a lot of tugging on my stomach.
Wil stood up to watch over the screen, but my flap of skin was up and blocking his view from seeing down into where the babies were. They broke the little girl's water and I heard Wil say, "wow...that's a lot of water!" Apparently, it came shooting out of me like a fountain!
Seconds later our little girl was out and seconds after that her brother followed suit. They showed both babies to me over the curtain - which was actually kind of freaky because they came out all purple and covered in white stuff.
They sent Wil with the babies while the doctor stitched me up and moved me to the recovery room.
As the doctor was stitching me up, he told me the little boy started stretching, moving and trying to get out as soon as they broke the little girl's water. I think he wanted to be first...which is why he flipped in the first place. If they had been born vaginally, he definitely would have been second. At least this way there was a chance they might take him first. Silly boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment