This weekend was our third annual snow trip! We've gone every year since Addie was born, and I look forward to it every year. It's usually a lot of fun...and well, this year I think we should at least get credit for trying!
The babies were SO not impressed by the snow and were SO annoyed that we kept putting more clothes on them! Four layers, socks, mittens AND a hat? If they could speak, I'm pretty sure they would tell you it was child abuse!
Mason refused to sit in the sled, but he seemed to like laying down. He would make a pouty face and start to cry whenever the sled stopped, so I spent my snow time walking around dragging the sled behind me. He didn't really smile, so I couldn't tell if he was having fun or just too mad to make noise!
Addie had a great time in the snow! She did, however, refuse to use the sled for its intended purpose - sledding! She was happiest walking around dragging the sled behind her. (We have the weirdest kids!)
Alisa tolerated the sled, but she much preferred being held.
Wil took Alisa down the hill once in the sled, and I took Mason once. They seemed to like it - meaning they didn't cry.
After our snow trip last year, my Grandma pulled some snow boots out of her closet to give to me. Apparently they were hers (or my mom's, I can't remember) when they lived in North Dakota when my mom was a teenager. I didn't even think about the fact that would make them about 30 years old. I just loaded them up and put them on when we got to the snow. The bottom of one of them came off right after I put it on so Wil taped it back together for me before I got out of the car. The bottom of the second one started coming off after my one and only trip down the hill with Mason, so I had to hobble back to the car pulling him behind me to tape it back together. Even being held together by tape snow boots are SO much better than the tennis shoes I've always worn in the snow before!
After that, Wil brought the babies back to the car to warm up and Addie and I played in the snow. First, we tried making a snowman, but the snow was either too packed and we couldn't get it to form right or it was too powdery and it wouldn't stick together. So, we moved on to snow angels. Addie LOVED making snow angels!
To finish off the day, we played with her bucket and shovel - you know the ones made for the beach - and made snow castles before we headed to the hotel.
The babies LOVED the hotel! There was so much to explore and new furniture to pull themselves up on. Mason made friends with the little boy in the mirror. There was even a heated pool, and we all went swimming that night. I mean, what's not to love?
Well, except the two babies in one pack and play sleeping arrangements. Alisa woke up at 3 a.m. and never really went back to sleep.
You would think snow and swimming would have made it Addie's best day ever. It might have been, until she got sick and started throwing up. She threw up at least four times that night and once in the car on the way home. Ugh! We originally planned to play in the snow the next morning too. But we decided it was best to just head home.
So there you have it...our 2014 snow trip. I'm exhausted just thinking about it...but we really did have a lot of fun...you know, in between the crying and the puking and the crying and the puking...
No comments:
Post a Comment