Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Home Improvement Projects

I LOVE that Wil is handy. He just knows how to do things and how to fix things and how to install things and I am the grateful beneficiary of this wonderful trait!

At the beginning of the year, it was one of our goals to complete one home improvement project per month. We seem to complete two or three home improvement projects at once and then skip a few months before doing another one, but overall - I think we're on track to have twelve done by the end of the year.

These are our most recent projects. I can't really take any credit for them, besides handing up fan blades and screws every once in a while, but I do love having them!

Our kitchen gets SUPER hot, so we have been wanting a fan. We went to Home Depot to look for one, but the only ones I liked were nice looking and Wil thought it would be weird to have a nicer fan over our table than in our living room.

Problem solved...he put the fan from the living room over the table...


And the new fan in the living room...It looks GREAT!


We also got a new shower head for our shower. We thought it was a massaging one, but it only massages if you touch it to your skin - which is kind of weird. On the bright side, I love the way it works and that I can pull it down from the wall AND the mysterious screeching that sounded like the shower was about to explode - or take off to space - has completely disappeared. HOORAY!


And finally, Wil's stroke of genius - the door stopper. I didn't even know they made these for home installation! It's great - I can bring in groceries or do laundry without constantly fighting with the door and when it's cooler, we can leave it open so Elvis can eat in the garage and come in when he's done. This one is the simplest, but might just be my favorite...plus it looks WAY nicer than the bucket we used to use to prop open the door. :-)

No comments: