Monday, June 15, 2009

Things I Love About Utah

1. My Friends

Nancy, Derek and Bryce Randle

2. My Memories

3. Provo Canyon - I'm not sure there's any place in the world I like more than Provo Canyon.


When I was in college, I would drive up the canyon when I was bored, grouchy, sad or happy, and I always came back feeling better than when I started! I'm not sure what it is about the canyon, but it's like I can feel myself relax and my worries melt away on the drive.


Wil hiked Bridal Veil Falls one time with his sister, so we thought we would try it on our trip. Nancy, Bryce and Derek were nice enough to join us. It was beautiful...but I chickened out when we came to a super steep part of the trail - I was terrified that if I took another step, I would fall backward to my death. A little dramatic, I realize...I'm kind of embarrassed about it now, but I really was too scared. So we went back down and played in the water instead.


After we finished at Bridal Veil Falls, Wil and I drove a bit futher into the canyon and I talked him into going to my favorite park. The park is tucked away on a long side road, so I always felt like it was my secret place (you know, the secret place most other people in Utah County know about). I love it there, but I'd never explored to see if there were any trails. We found one and started walking...it was gorgeous. As we approached a large storm cloud, we discussed whether we had time to keep going. We decided just a bit futher would be ok, until we heard a huge thunder...then we quickly decided to turn around. In a forest of tall trees without shelter is definitely NOT on my list of places I would like to ride out a thunderstorm.


We stopped long enough to snap a few photos on our way back, and to determine we would have to go back and do the entire trail another time, when it's not thundering and when we didn't have to be somewhere else in half an hour.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love Utah more when my friends come and visit! Come again soon -- we love having you here!!!