This is J Dawgs...

It is by far one of the best hot dog places I've ever been to! It opened the summer after my freshman year and I walked past it every day on my way home from school my sophomore and junior years. It's a small red shack that sells delicious hot dogs with an amazing secret sauce!
Legend says a university student sold his Fender guitar and opened the stand with only $900. He broke even in two weeks and one year later grossed more than $41,000 in only three months. And, he won an entrepreneurship contest at BYU.
So, it was with much anticipation and excitement that my grandma and I traveled to the red shack that is J Dawgs on Tuesday, September 20. We found a place to park and my grandma waited in the car with Adelyn while I ran up to the shack to buy our hot dogs - we were planning a picnic up the canyon.
I observed people at a few of the outdoor tables enjoying their hot dogs and my mouth watered at the thought of my hot dog with secret sauce. I confidently walked up to the shack and stood staring at the chalkboard menus, deciding if I should get any toppings besides the secret sauce (the answer, of course, was no).
How lucky am I that there's not a line at lunch time, I thought! I then proceeded to peer in the shack...where are the workers who take your order and make your hot dog? Slowly, I realized there was no one in the shack and the lights were off. WAIT...WAIT just one second, what is going on? I SAW people eating their hot dogs.
I slowly searched my surroundings, trying to figure out what was going on. My thought process went something like this, "I SAW people with hot dogs, the stand has to be open...but if it's open, where are the people that work in the shack? What's that J on the door to the building over there...there wasn't a door on that part of the building when I went to school here...isn't that where Smart Cookie was? J...J...J...I wonder what J stands for...J DAWGS!!! It must stand for J Dawgs?"
As I turned to walk toward said building, a male BYU student walked past me, looking at me like I might need psychiatric help as he did. Yes, I AM THAT OLD! When I went here J Dawgs was a shack...not a building! I think I liked the shack better, but luckily, the hot dogs still tasted the same.
1 comment:
This is still so funny to me. I can just picture it. It was so good to see you guys! You'll have to email us all the pictures from that reunion night.
Post a Comment