Friday, September 30, 2011

Utah! What A Great Place To Be

My grandma, Adelyn and I took a fun, five-day vacation to Utah last week to visit some friends and just hang out. We had a great time!!!

This is the longest I've gone anywhere with Adelyn, and I TOTALLY overpacked for her for this trip! I packed too many clothes (she went through four outfits...I think I packed 12-15, just in case we needed multiples each day), too many diapers and too many baby wipes. Was there anything I didn't overpack? Yes! I brought almost every single toy she owns and we used all of them (proving that you can never have too many toys for a 12 hour car trip!).

Adelyn made sure I packed all of her toys!

We drove all day Monday. I've never seen my baby girl SO excited to get out of her car seat! She rolled and rolled and giggled and smiled when we finally got to the hotel and set her free on one of the beds!

I purposefully didn't pack her baby bath tub - it seemed a little excessive! So this was her first time in a big girl bath tub! She wasn't a huge fan...I think it was too big!


We played in Provo on Tuesday and toured around. I forgot to take the camera with us that day - BUMMER! We went to J-Dawgs to pick up lunch (the most wonderful hot dog stand, ever!) and then had a picnic at my absolute favorite park!

Wednesday, we went to visit my Grandma's friend and had a reunion with my old roommates (all of them except Nancy who moved a few weeks too early! We'll just have to go to California to visit her!). It was fun to see everyone and to catch up! There used to be just six in our little roommate group...now there are 17, with one on the way!

Me, Adelyn, Jaelynn, Angela, Maren, Dani, Mark,
Trey, Alison, Travis and Bode

And one where Adelyn is actually looking at the camera.


Thursday, we just hung out and relaxed! My grandma wanted to go see Bridal Veil Falls again (she LOVED it) so we went there, to lunch and stopped to pick up two boxes of freshly picked Utah peaches (they were DELICIOUS!!!).

Adelyn was fascinated by the waterfall and the kids playing in the water!



I thought this little stream was SO cute...just ignore the fact that my child is flipping you off!

The waterfall was SO pretty this year!

Friday, we woke up at 3 a.m. Utah time (2 a.m. AZ time), packed our bags and made the long trek home. Adelyn was GREAT in the car! She did SO well - I was extremely impressed.

No comments: