This year, my uncle gave me the greatest early Christmas gift - a copy of Dave Pratt's 30 Years in Radio book. Uncle Arty (the entire world, except my family, calls him Art - but it's my blog, so I can call him whatever I want) listens to Dave Pratt in the Morning as well - although, he's been listening to Dave since he was in high school, back when Dave was a rock DJ. It's sort of a bonding experience to rehash the best parts of the morning show to each other, and we listen at different times, so we usually have different stories.
My early, pre-ordered copy of the book (thank you, thank you) got me into Dave Pratt's launch party. Now by launch party, you would assume there was a party involved...not so. Pretty much it was a glorified book signing, but the entire morning show was there (except Gonzo - otherwise known as Louis Gonzalez - who was at a charity event). I got everyone to sign my book...everyone that is, except Dave Pratt. While I do LOVE Dave Pratt in the morning, I wasn't quite willing to stand in his three hour line on a Saturday to get my book signed. I figured I can go to another book signing that has less people and not wait nearly as long.
Following, are photos of me with my favorite morning show crew...
This is me with Mark Curtis - he is my absolute FAVORITE part of Dave Pratt in the morning...well him and the best of Leno and Letterman. He always brings an interesting perspective from being a news anchor...and he's funny. In addition to being a regular addition to Dave Pratt's show at 7:30 and 8:30 a.m., he's an evening and 10 p.m. anchor for Channel 12.
3 comments:
Can we start calling YOU Gonzo?!
Pleeeaase?
You know how you get an image in your mind of someone you have never met, but have heard their voice? Well... can I tell you that Shappy is NOT what I expected... not one bit!!! Too funny.
Glad you had a great time. Sounds fun.
Can you take me with you when you go to meet Dave Pratt? PS I'm jealous!
Post a Comment