Saturday, November 15, 2008

My First Cake

Ta Da...my very first cake decorating masterpiece.



OK, don't make fun, I'm new at this! What you're seeing is a very impressive, and totally crooked zigzag border on the bottom, a professional quality star border on the top (the stars were my favorite), the words I Love You and a highly attractive and lifelike snowman.

I had so much fun at our class making this cake. I should tell you, however that somehow we managed to forget all of the key things we needed and had to borrow from everyone else in the class the entire night! I got so excited when one of the other ladies didn't have something that I had (turns out it was optional, but don't worry...we remembered to bring the optional things) that I jumped up from my seat to share with her. We promised everyone we would be ready next Monday and that they could borrow things from us.

Coming soon, hopefully... a cake with colored frosting! HOORAY! I'll try to post my next cake a bit quicker because I know you are all dying to see what it will look like!!!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

awesome!
I have a dumb question - is that a real cake? Like... do you have to eat an entire cake every week just to be prepared for the class? What are you supposed to do with all of those cakes?

Alison said...

What a great job!!

And I took a cake decorating class years ago... and yes... we made a cake EVERY S I N G L E week. Yummy!

Perhaps the skinny people decorate styrofoam... but not me! Nope!

the Danosaur said...

Hey, I am impressed. This is miles better than anything I could ever put out. So I am excited to see what you keep coming up with!

Deidre said...

You might just have to make a cake for David's birthday party.