Wil and I decided to go to the Melting Pot for my birthday...I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the melting pot! It was a much anticipated activity ALL week - in fact the people I work with probably heard about how excited I was to go to the melting pot at least once a day.
I don't think I realized that they bring your entree out raw...we got raw pork, beef, chicken, shrimp, tuna and lobster...and then you cook it yourself in the fondue pot - okay, okay, so maybe that's the definition of fondue, but I always thought fondue was just what you dipped the cooked food in.
It's possible that I built up the experience a bit too much in my mind before we went (just maybe). If Wil and I went back (I doubt we would go back), we would get the appetizer and dessert and skip the entree altogether.
Dessert was by far my favorite part - as evidenced by the fact that I started reviewing the dessert menu about two bites into my dinner. :-) I wasn't a huge fan of the flavor of what we cooked the meat in, which meant I wasn't a huge fan of dinner.
It was a cool experience though, and I'm glad I at least tried it; otherwise I would still be wishing with all of my heart I could go to the Melting Pot one day!
My recommendation, if you go...save your self lots of money and just get dessert - preferably one they set on fire!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the good advice! I've never been but I heard it can be super expensive if you get everything. I'll be glad to know I am not missing anything if I eat flaming desserts!
We've been there twice and I would go again...it is a great birthday/special occasion place. Glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment