Wil: I'd been wanting to pull an April Fool's prank on Jessica. I wanted to make her get up an hour earlier than usual and her not realize till she was at work.
I wasn't sure it was going to work because Jessica usually gets up at a time when the sun is barely up. We have a huge window facing east in our bedroom and she would notice right away that it was still dark outside.
Last night she sent a text while I was still at school that she was tired and going to bed and asked me to make sure she got up before I left because she was going to go work out. So when she sent that text message I thought, great! She's getting up so early that it would still be dark out any way. She'll just realize when she's at Lili's apartment and that was fine with me. I didn't think about that at first cause she only goes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
This is the way it worked out. I got home last night and got to work right away on resetting the clocks. I thought the computer would be a problem since I had never changed the time on it but it was the easiest one. The big clock in the living room was heavy and I almost dropped it. The appliance clocks beep and so does the ipod clock in out bedroom but none of these caused a problem, cause she sleeps like a log. This morning I had to get up an hour earlier and that sucked but it would be way worth it. Plus I figured I could go back to sleep after Jessica left. I changed the time on her phone by changing the time zone on it since it goes off the satellite or the cell tower or something like that. And I quickly went out and changed the time in the car.
I went ahead and woke her up since her alarm didn't go off and made sure she got up. The only problem was that she only goes if Lili calls, otherwise it means that she decided not to go. Obviously she didn't call so she went back to bed. Crap! What do I do now? I had to leave for work so she wouldn't get suspiscious. I put elvis out and left the backyard light on hoping it would mask the darkness outside when she woke up for work. I had to sleep at the Walgreens parking lot where I meet for carpool. Then, I had to remember to call my sister before she called Jessica to tell her not to call her. She said I was evil. I said yes I am.
It was all out of my hands now and all I could do was hope for the best. It worked out better than I thought. I thought she would figure it out on the way to work since they're always repeating the time on the morning shows, but luckily she told me later that she was listening to a cd.
One last thing. Before she went back to bed she thanked me for "being such a good husband".
Ha ha!
Jessica: So last night, I was super tired, and I went to bed before Wil got home from school. I sent him a text message before I went to sleep saying good night and asking him to make sure I got up in time to go work out with Lili at 5 - sometimes I need a little extra motivation to get out of bed.
Wil woke me up this morning and said, how come your alarm didn't go off...and I said, huh - I don't know. At which point he ripped the covers off of me and started a speech about how it was time to get up. I tried to explain that Lili would call when she woke up, if she didn't call, then she didn't wake up and I couldn't go work out at her apartment complex without her so I really should just wait until she called (in my half groggy, please let me go back to sleep state). He then turned on both fans in our room (BRRR!) and started some speech about how I should grab life by the horns and shouldn't wait for other people, blah, blah, blah.
I was thinking he must really be in the mood to bug me and wake me up today - maybe because we didn't see each other last night - oh, that's sweet in an obnoxious sort of way. So I got up and put shorts on and brushed my teeth, but Lili never called so I sat on the couch and talked to him while he put on his shoes.
You're going to be late, I told him a couple of times thinking that usually he's pushing me out the door at 5:10 and it was already after 5:10. But he didn't seem concerned and I concluded that Lili was not going to call so I went back to bed. I heard Wil leave and slept soundly - I was really sleepy!
I hit the snooze button a few too many times, woke up late and thought I was running super late for work. So late, in fact, that I had never even seen the kids walking across the street to get to Peoria High School on my way to work - wow, I must have really been running late.
I pulled in the parking lot, glad traffic wasn't too bad and I made it to work as quickly as I had. I looked around...I was the ONLY car in the ENTIRE parking lot. Still unfazed, I thought, that's weird - I wonder where everyone is today...it's 8:45!
I went in, started working, wondered to myself where everyone was and ONLY after I had been at work 20 or 30 minutes did I glance at the clock on my computer and notice that clock said it wasn't even 8 a.m. yet! Sometimes, I can't believe how CLUELESS I am! The kids going to school, the easy traffic, the EMPTY parking lot - none of those things even fazed me!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hilarious! Way to go Wil!
Post a Comment