Following is the process in photos...
First, I baked the cake - you remember me baking the cake, that's when I caught the oven on fire!
Then, I made the frosting - seriously, if you ever need a strawberry frosting recipe this one is to die for - and it's made with REAL strawberries - I had to puree them in my food chopper!
Next, I frosted the cake - yum!
Then, I decorated the cake - Wil's nieces even helped me.
Finally, we sang happy birthday and cut the cake!
I think it was cuter in person than it is in the pictures, but I still like it!
PS - never buy the candles that spell out Happy Birthday - NEVER! The wicks aren't long enough so the first candles burn out by the time you get them all lit and then you are left with misshapen letters that drip wax all over your cake. :-(
1 comment:
SO CUTE!!! I hear you, I bought squiggly candles and they dripped everywhere! It makes eating cake a treasure hunt for wax. You did an amazing job!
Post a Comment