Because of this, I rarely cook dinner. In fact...it's quite possible I ate better dinners when I was in college (how sad is that?).
In college, I had a roommate who would make lasagna and chicken enchiladas, a huge thing of them, and then put them in baggies and freeze them to eat later. I remembered her trick and thought it might work for us.
Tonight, we made four meals - Sicilian something or other, pizza spaghetti, chicken and potato casserole and stuffed pasta shells (I looked them up online, because I wasn't sure what types of recipes would be good to freeze). Here they are in our freezer...and taking up most of the room.
This way, we can quickly have a hot meal for dinner (or lunch). I'm hoping it will reduce how often we eat out - meaning it will both be cheaper and healthier. We'll see how it goes...hopefully we'll be doing this again soon.
3 comments:
This tickles me to no end. Hope the freezing thing works for you!
Great idea!! Anything 'grab and go' is the best!
Good job. I'm lucky to make one meal in a night but I am starting to learn that the freezer is my friend.
Post a Comment