Nice work on the wasted quiz! Here are the answers:
1 & 2. You were all right about the plastic bags (I think; I don't know anything about the types of plastics, but Vivi sounded like she knew what she was talking about so I think I'll take her word for it). Yes, plastic bags are recyclable, but NOT in your recycling bin. The reason is that the recycling process for plastic bags requires them to be clean. When you take them to the bin at the grocery store, they all stay relatively clean. When you put them in your mixed recyclables recycling bin, they get all gunky and gross and are then too difficult to try to recycle because they would have to be cleaned first which would be virtually impossible to do in a mass, cost effective way.
Random side note: Did you know that contrary to popular belief, they prefer that you leave the lids ON the plastic bottles? They're too small to sort through and get easily lost if you take them off.
3. Wow...I thought 200 tons was a lot - that's about 4,000 tons per month. I'm not sure how to impress you people - do you realize 200 tons is a little more than the weight of 24 elephants...the largest land animal?!? DO YOU?!? I happen to think that's a lot!
Bonus question: Alison and Nikki were the closest with a foot and something dead...the answer is...are you ready for it, are you sure you're ready for it? A HUMAN SKULL!!!! Ewwwww! When asked what they did when they found a HUMAN SKULL in the recyclables, Jerry said "I picked it up and put it on my desk until the police came" - of course he did!?!?! That's the first thing I would think if I found a human skull at work, I should pick it up and put it on my desk...
A couple of thoughts - first, (benefit of the doubt and this is not someone who has committed a crime) who thinks a human skull is recyclable? WHAT are you going to turn that into? Second, (let's say you are someone who has recently committed a crime) if you're trying to hide a skull...why send it somewhere where they have to hand sort through everything...duh! You deserve to be on the world's stupidest criminals for that one.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is so disturbing.
Just a little fyi... besides the cat dissection , we did have to frequently examine a real human skeleton for my A & P lab. I hope your husband is not as grossed out by that as you (WE!) are!
(and cats are expensive, and we used them for a WHOLE SEMESTER so the cats... laid out on plastic with their insides hanging out - were carefully put away in the closet every day and brought back out again)
Post a Comment