Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Few Updates

I haven't been blogging much lately. Here's what's going on in our lives:
  • Wil's Car: It's broken, again...the piece that mounts the alternator to the engine broke - not sure how that happens. Wil is going to the dealership to get a new part tomorrow. (Have I ever mentioned how his car is a lemon?) :-)
  • Wil's School: Wil decided to change his major to nursing. I was surprised at first, but I'm really excited about it now! I think it fits him perfectly! He's taking biology and welding this semester, has another biology class to take over the summer and then can take the test and apply for nursing school.
  • Wil's Work: Wil has been working crazy overtime the last two weeks. He worked all day Thursday, went back at 5 p.m., worked until midnight, started at 6 the next morning, worked until noon, started again at 5 p.m. and worked until 6 a.m. I have no idea how he does that, but if you ask him, he'll tell you he's a machine!
  • My Car: Seems to be working fine for now.
  • My School: I took my third cake decorating class in February and I start my fourth, and final, cake decorating class tomorrow (yes, I know this is not the same thing as Wil's school, but I still think it counts...my homework is just more fun...and tastes better.) :-)
  • My Work: Is good. We were crazy busy with the Waste Management Phoenix Open and the launch of the Health & Wealth Raffle. It seems to be settling down a bit now, which is nice.
  • Elvis: Is learning how to speak on command. He's doesn't have it down yet, but hopefully soon!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Nice update!!! And that is a perfect major for Wil!! Excellent!!! He'll be amazing.

Deidre said...

Glad things are calming down a bit.

Team Skousen said...

Yeah! Way to go Elvis! I like that trick A LOT! I also like your school better than Wil's...I would MUCH rather attend yours hehe. But kudos to Wil! I think that is a great major with SOOO many opportunities!