Do you remember those Chicken Soup for the Soul books? You know, the ones where the whole point was to make you cry...because the person's dog Penny died and the next day they found a penny and just knew it was sent as a message from their beloved deceased pet?
So, I actually kind of liked those...but I've discovered a much better form of Chicken Soup for MY Soul. It consists of doing something completely silly and totally fun. Seriously, an hour of this makes you feel light. :-)
I think that's why I've been enjoying working with the Young Women at church so much! Once a week, I get to do something completely silly and not about me at all!
I had a BLAST tonight...seriously, SO much fun! They took a HUGE 30 or 40 foot by 10ish foot tarp, put it on a small hill, covered it with dish soap and water and made the COOLEST water slide ever...SERIOUSLY, the coolest. water. slide. EVER!!!
I'm still giggling about it...that's all!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is a wonderful idea!! I think I will try it with the RS sisters. ;)
Wow! Sounds awesome! I work with the YW too...maybe we'll steal the idea. Except that there aren't ANY hills in Texas...Maybe it could just be a giant slip n' slide :)
Yeah for the YW. Glad you are enjoying that calling. I still remember leaders that made an impression on me.
Post a Comment