Thursday, July 8, 2010

Harvest

Remember this post about our beautiful and growing garden?

It's been a while, and I know you are all DYING to know how our garden is doing...so welcome to the first edition of our harvest tour!

The first stop on our harvest tour is our yellow tomatoes. I have fond memories of eating yellow tomatoes at my grandpa's house when I was a little girl. He always had yellow tomatoes in his garden, and I LOVED them! (For the record, I still do love them!)


All those tomatoes are from one picking...I think we've picked at least three times that many already, and we still have more growing!

Next up, and picked fresh off the plant today are the jalapenos (OOH, AHH, SPECIAL! - okay, so you would have had to have camped with us this weekend to get that joke, but I think it's funny!).


Wil says they're not very hot. I think I've heard the less you water them the hotter they get, but I had to water them...the poor little plant was wilting!

Onions...


Which turned into this (Yum!!!) and eventually spaghetti...I think.


Our corn...okay, so maybe I don't always think things through all the way. For instance, the fact that they make corn mazes in corn fields because the corn is so tall you can't see over it, never crossed my mind when I was planting the tiny, itty bitty, little seed...which means the corn is a bit tall for our shaded garden box...and sort of bent over (oops!).

If you look closer, you can see a corn cob growing on it, though!


And last, but certainly not least, is the plant that has the largest and prettiest flowers!


Aren't they beautiful?!? The plant grows this...


Which at first I thought was watermelon, until it started to turn orange. Now I'm thinking it must be a pumpkin???

1 comment:

Lily said...

Oh no, I was really looking forward to tasting that watermelon, it is my favorite summer fruit. Not too fond of pumpkins. Good garden