Friday, August 19, 2011

C is for Cakewalk

I have a confession to make...I LOVE Sandra Bullock movies! What can I say, I'm a sucker for cheesy romance movies (except All About Steve...that one was pretty much awful!). I still remember the first time I saw While You Were Sleeping (one of my all time favorite movies - I can quote the entire movie...it's super obnoxious!) at a friend's sleepover. I was 11 or 12 and ever since then, I've been hooked on romantic comedies and anything with Sandra Bullock.

Hope Floats is a great Sandra Bullock movie for a rainy day - mostly because I love the song To Make You Feel My Love by Garth Brooks! There is one quote that I have always remembered from this movie:

"The American Dream - You find something you love, then you twist it and torture it...trying to find a way to make money at it. Spend a lifetime doing that. At the end, there's not a trace of what you started out lovin'."

Last week, my sister-in-law asked if I would make a birthday cake for her daughter. I was SO excited to make a cake! Seriously, whenever someone asks me to make one, I can't wait to look up photos online to find a cute cake idea! I LOVE decorating cakes!

Happy Birthday Xujey!

So, I've decided I'm going to try to find a way to twist it and torture it to make money at it. I'm not sure how much money I'll make, or if I'll even make any at all. I don't expect to help support our family off of cake generated income. I just think if I enjoy doing it so much, maybe I should try to get paid for it; that is the American dream after all - right?

If you know anyone who needs a cake, I'd love it if you'd recommend me. :-) They can see samples of my cake decorating skills at CisforCakewalk.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

the Danosaur said...

I think you will definitely be able to make some money at this, because those cakes are awesome! If you ever want some advertising or a logo or something, let me know and I would love to do something for you!

Jessica Gonzalez said...

Thanks, Dani!!