Adelyn slept in her Pack & Play while Wil and I slept on our air mattress. In the middle of the night, Wil got up to use the restroom...at which point, I dropped to the floor and the air in the air mattress puffed up all around me. When Wil got back, I recommended refilling the air mattress. We were nervous it would be a little loud, but it wasn't too bad.
I sat sleepily next to the mattress while Wil refilled it. We decided it was full enough, closed the air cap and just as I was about to climb back onto the bed, Wil stopped me. Our conversation went something like this:
Wil - "Do you hear that?"
Air Mattress - tssssssssssssssssssssssss
Me - "Ohhhh"
Wil - "Maybe I can find the leak."
At this point I could feel Wil reaching across the mattress looking for the leak with his fingers.
Air Mattress - shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Wil - "Oops."
Me - "Oh no, what happened?"
Wil - "I might have stuck my finger through the hole and made it bigger."
Me - "Didn't we bring duct tape?"
Wil - "Yeah, I'll go get it."
Insert Wil leaving the tent, finding the duct tape, and taping the hole in the mattress here.
We then climbed back onto the mattress and settled down to sleep for the rest of the night.
Me - "Refilling the mattress was a great plan, this is SO much bett..."
Air Mattress - PFOOOOOOOOH!
Wil & Me - hysterical laughing as we hit the floor.
Adelyn, lifting her head and looking annoyed in our direction - "ahhh, uhhh, ahhh!"
She then laid her head back down and went back to sleep.
1 comment:
That's funny! Did Adelyn do all right on the trip? I had a leak in an air mattress and I did NOT sleep well that night. I hope you had fun!
Post a Comment