Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 365


***Editor's Note: Please sing to the tune of What a Beautiful Day by Chris Cagle; if you're not familiar with the tune, click here for the original version.

Day one, mini golf on a blind date
Day two, I smiled to myself and dreamed all afternoon
Caught a movie on day nine
Then he kissed me for the first time on day 29

Oh what a feelin'
What a wonderful emotion
Yeah, what a life
Counting my blessings and knowin'
We'll have our ups and downs all along the way,
May have a chance to leave,
But we'll choose to stay
What a beautiful day
What a beautiful day

Day 1263, he asked me what I was doing
For the rest of my life
Day 1431, he finally made me his wife
We started counting all over again
Which brings us to today...
Where do I begin

Oh what a feelin'
What a wonderful emotion
Yeah, what a life
Counting my blessings and knowin'
We'll have our ups and downs all along the way,
May have a chance to leave,
But we'll choose to stay
What a beautiful day
What a beautiful day

Day 365, our one year anniversary
The symphony and Compass Room,
What else do we need

Oh what a feelin'
What a wonderful emotion
Yeah, what a life
Counting my blessings and knowin'
We'll have our ups and downs all along the way,
May have a chance to leave,
But we'll choose to stay
What a beautiful day
What a beautiful day

Day one
I'm so grateful I said yes to that blind date!

4 comments:

Alison said...

cute post!

happy anniversary!!

we sure love you both!!!

Nikki said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad that it was a good one.

It is lovely that you have written him a song! We learned yesterday that a brother in our ward has written a song for his wife and each of his four children. He asked the Patriarch yesterday to sing the music while he played the piano so that it could be recorded on tape... so special!

the Danosaur said...

Congratulations! Love your song.

Brad said...

Um wait. Where on earth did that year go? I can't believe it!! Totally seems like yesterday.