I'm typically not super sentimental about things...they are just things, after all. Don't get me wrong - there are things I would be devastated if I lost, like the doll from my childhood or my wedding ring, but I usually do a pretty good job of purging unnecessary things from my life without being overly sad about it.
However, there's something about clothes. I become attached to them and have a much more difficult time getting rid of them than I do other things. For instance, I still have shirts from when I worked for the City of Peoria in college - I can't wear them, because I promised never to wear them unless I was working, but for some reason, I can't part with them. Would I be sad if they were suddenly missing from my closet? No, I probably wouldn't even notice, except to be excited about an empty hanger that could be used for another shirt. BUT, I still can't seem to throw them away.
In college, I had one sweatshirt that I LOVED! I think I might have even wiped away a tear one year when I boxed it up to put in storage while I moved home for the summer. It was my comfort sweatshirt...almost like a safety blanket only for teenagers who think they're adults.
Last weekend, it was all I could do not to cry as I folded Adelyn's laundry. She's growing and moving up a size in her clothes, and I knew many of the outfits I was folding would only be worn once more, if that.
A pair of pajamas, in particular, had me melancholy for hours after folding the laundry. So, when she woke up Monday morning, we had a photo shoot of her in her jammies. I LOVE these pajamas - and this smile!!!
The day Wil and I went to find out if we were having a girl or a boy was a special day for us. We went to the ultrasound, celebrated with a late lunch date and then went shopping! We were SO excited to be having a little girl! We went to Babies-R-Us first, just to look and get one outfit - something special for our little girl! Wil picked out these pajamas, and they are the first thing we bought for our baby girl! I love, Love, LOVE them and am SO extremely sad that she is outgrowing them!!!
3 comments:
Oh, Jessica! Those ARE darling pajamas! It's just SO sad when they grow out of favorites. PS: I love her hair! How fun!!! You'll have to buy hair accessories. Looks like she can use those for a long time starting soon! :D
Aw! SO cute!
She is delightful. I am always sad when I pack away a favorite baby outfit too... Then I think, "well, won't it be great when the NEXT one wears this!" I also have outfits that my mom sewed that my sisters and I and my nieces all wore--that is really fun. So maybe those jammies will stay in the family for a while and in like 50 years you'll see a great-grandbaby in them! (then you'll probably REALLY cry :) )
And I think I remember that sweatshirt...it was the gray one, right?
Post a Comment