After we got home from ice blocking and our water balloon fight, it was time for a fun indoor game. I went in our bedroom to feed Adelyn and try to put her to sleep (HA! Yeah right, mom!), while Wil started the game with everyone else. I could hear everyone cracking up from the other room and wanted to go play so badly!
The game is hot potato with a twist. Everyone sits in a circle and passes around the hot potato while you play music. When the music stops, instead of being out, the child with the potato reaches into a bag and without looking grabs an item of clothing and has to put it on. (On the website, they actually passed around the bag, but I'm pretty sure Wil's version included this potato with a permanent marker smiley face drawn on it.)
We had a couple different bags of clothing that Wil and I had a great time filling. We included a silk robe, Wil's ginormous snow jacket, high heel shoes, head phones, belts, ties, aprons, baby shoes, necklaces, hair bows, sunglasses a back brace and more. We were going to throw in a diaper or two to wear as hats, but I forgot.
The kids had a blast with this game! It was the first thing they told their parents about this morning when they got picked up. I'm glad it was a hit! It was SO easy, we'll definitely have to play this one again!
I found the idea on a website called Kaboose.com. They have a ton of great ideas - too bad we only had time for one of them.
1 comment:
You guys are so fun!
Post a Comment