Sunday, March 10, 2013

Christmas Morning

It was so exciting to go Christmas shopping for Addie this year! There were so many things I thought she would love, it was hard to settle on just a few presents.

When I was an older child, I remember my grandma waking me up because she was so excited for me to see what Santa had brought. I remember thinking "the presents will still be there in an hour when I wake up for real!" We were definitely so excited we woke Addie up to open her presents Christmas morning!

Her first present from Mommy & Daddy was a Fischer Price Zoo. I was excited about this present for months...she thought it was cool until later that morning when she got a Sesame Street toy from my Aunt and Uncle. Then all she wanted to do was play with her "Elmo Street." I tried hard not to be crushed...but I wanted to give her the favorite present!!!


Santa brought her lots of cool things in her stocking! Some books for church, a new toothbrush, socks and big girl undies and even some yogurt drops (since Mommy and Daddy told Santa she was too little for candy in her stocking). She ate almost the entire package of yogurt drops before we left the house for breakfast with my family!



Santa also brought her a new bike! She was scared of it at first, but she LOVES it now. We mostly ride it inside the house (she's not quite big enough to reach the pedals yet), and she frequently calls - "Mommy, bike, stuck!" when it gets trapped behind a chair or some toys!


When my cousin Andy was young, he would get so excited about presents Christmas morning, my Aunt & Uncle used to have to set a reasonable time when he was allowed to come out of his room and wake them up to open presents. I'm sure that some day in the near future it will be Addie waking us up, instead of the other way around.

Wil got nursing stuff for Christmas this year. A set of scrubs, a stethoscope, a blood pressure cuff and everything else he needs to start nursing school in style! He'll start the Spanish language nursing program in September!


No comments: