Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cookie Monster

Addie and I needed an activity one Saturday while Wil was at work, so we decided to make sugar cookies. This was Addie's first time making sugar cookies and she thought it was SO much fun.

I would help measure the ingredients and then Addie got to add them all to the mixer. Then she picked out the cookie cutters she wanted to use and added those to the mixer too...isn't that how you do it? I'm pretty sure they weren't the most sanitary cookies ever, because while we were rolling them out I found the plastic child safety outlet cover in the cookie dough, too. I wonder what else went in there without me knowing? She also kept snitching cookie dough to eat when I wasn't looking! At least we know she has my good taste! :-)


I rolled out the dough and let Addie decide which cookie cutter to use when. Not that it mattered that much, because by the time she helped me move the cookies to the cookie sheet they were a little mangled!


Can you tell which ones were Addie's?


Once they cooled we got to frost them. Which was mostly a knife full of frosting plopped in one spot on the cookie. Spreading is still a little beyond her abilities, but she took her frosting responsibility very seriously. She didn't even lick the cookies or frosting!



At the end she got to pick out a cookie to eat. She licked all the frosting off of it so the top of the cookie was really soggy and then gave it back to me. Silly girl!

No comments: