Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tree Skirt

When I was a little girl, my mom made the cutest tree skirt. She patched together different Christmas fabrics with lace around the middle. As long as I can remember, I have LOVED our tree skirt. My friends' families all had boring red ones they bought at the store, but ours was special

When I got married, the tree skirt got to move to my house which made me extremely happy. This year, I pulled out the tree skirt, but didn't put it on right away because our tree was having some issues with falling over that we had to fix first. 

Addie confiscated the skirt and drug it all over the house with her. Wil put her to bed that night (I think I was with the youth at church), and when I went to get her the next morning, the skirt was in her crib. She had adopted it as her blanket!

I let her take it to bed with her a couple nights, but then it was time to put it on the tree. I told her the tree was cold and needed a blanket and she "helped" me put it around the bottom of the tree and put some presents on it. 

That night at bedtime, she pulled and pulled on the tree skirt. She's stronger than she looks; the presents were bouncing up and down on top of it. She cried all the way to bed that she couldn't have her blanket...but quickly forgot about it and settled down for the night. 

This is her when we were taking down the decorations. She was so excited to have her blanket back!


No comments: