Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Way We Sleep

I should be cleaning... or reorganizing the babies drawers... or deciding what to make for dinner... or paying bills...but in 30 years, is anyone going to care if I did any of those things? No! But, I'm pretty sure that in 30 years my children and grandchildren and I will enjoy reading the books I make out of these blog posts, so I'm doing this instead. Plus...this is much more fun!

I think the hardest thing about having twins has been not sleeping...that and trying to breastfeed two babies. The first couple weeks were awful! I actually had such a bad headache at the hospital it started to blur my vision, which totally freaked me out! The nurse I had that day was W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L! She decided my headache was due to lack of sleep, told me she and Wil would take care of the babies, convinced me missing a feeding would not hurt anyone, put a sign on my door warning people to stay away and turned off the lights.

Luckily, sleeping has gotten much better! Especially in the last few weeks! Usually I only have to get up once now. They've even made it a couple nights from 10 p.m. - 5 a.m. or from 10:30 p.m. - 4:30 a.m.

These are pictures of the babies sleeping during the day...the rare times when everyone is napping at once are the highlights of my week!

Seriously...how do they sleep like this? And how do they wake up without a stiff neck?

Mason 

Alisa

Mason 



No comments: