Ages and ages ago...I want to say almost a year ago, my friend Alison asked if we wanted to buy tickets to Wicked. She was trying to get enough friends together to pre-order and get a group discount. She had more than enough friends who wanted to go, including us. It was fun to see so many people we knew sitting in the same section as us!
Thursday night, the time had finally arrived to go see wicked. Wil and I went to a El Salvadorian restaurant at 14th Street and McDowell. It was in this super creepy strip mall with a high security door that made us a bit nervous. Wil was so excited to try their pupusas, basically a corn tortilla/pancake stuffed with meat, beans and cheese. Apparently, he used to get pupusas on his mission and he loved them...he's been on a quest for the perfect pupusa ever since. The pupusas were delicious, we didn't find any fingernails in our drinks (ask me to tell you this story, if you haven't already heard it), and we left unscathed even though it was in not the best area of Phoenix, at least it was light out still.
After our pupusas, we went to Gammage Auditorium at ASU to see Wicked. If you haven't seen it, it's a musical about the wicked witch and Glinda the good witch from the Wizard of Oz. It tells the story of their college years, how they were best friends and the true story behind the wicked witch. I don't think I'll ever look at the Wizard of Oz the same again. I was super entertained and highly recommend the show! It was the perfect way to start our three day weekend!
2 comments:
First, I'm not sure I could ever eat anything called a poopooass. Just me, I know!
Second, so glad you loved the show!! Sooooo glad!!
I am so jealous! I have wanted to see Wicked for YEARS but haven't had the chance yet. Someday. And I agree with Alison.. LOL a poopooass?? That's just too perfect...
Post a Comment