Adaly wins the award for most impressive cave walker in the family. She walked with me and kept telling me she liked going on the big rocks. She would purposefully choose the hardest way over big rocks because she liked climbing them so much. She even did it without a flashlight for the second half (we were a bit nervous flashlight batteries were going to die, so we started sharing so we could conserve batteries in a few of the flashlights). She was almost always ahead of me and kept saying, "Jessica, are you coming?"
Waldo and the girls taking a break - Lalo had to run back to get something, so we were waiting for him to catch up. Adaly looks cold - it was definitely chilly inside the cave and Lalo had their jackets!I think I might have liked the cave even more the second time - and we went all the way to the end this time! It's only a mile, but the uneven ground makes for slow moving.
I LOVE this picture of the girls in the cave - they look so cute, and much warmer once Lalo caught back up with us!There were a few areas in the cave where the top was low and we really had to duck - even Clarisa and Adaly had to duck so they wouldn't hit their heads - can you imagine the grown ups?
Lyzette riding on Lalo's shoulders - this part wasn't low for very long, but we thought it was funny watching Lyzette trying to avoid hitting herself on the top!I'm glad we went all the way to the end. Once you get there, the cave becomes impassible and you have to turn around and go out the way you came in. There was a scout troop that had just finished lunch at the end of the cave, and they were nice enough to take a group photo of all of us at the end.
Xujey fell asleep shortly after this picture was taken - which made getting her out of the cave a little bit more difficult than getting her in the cave. She woke up by the end and did a great job climbing the big rocks to get out. Luckily, I was behind her, so I didn't get in the way...Lili was in front, and Xujey made me laugh when she said, "Go, Lili, Go!" I think the kids might have done better in the cave than us!
Xujey fell asleep shortly after this picture was taken - which made getting her out of the cave a little bit more difficult than getting her in the cave. She woke up by the end and did a great job climbing the big rocks to get out. Luckily, I was behind her, so I didn't get in the way...Lili was in front, and Xujey made me laugh when she said, "Go, Lili, Go!" I think the kids might have done better in the cave than us!


No comments:
Post a Comment