We went camping with Wil's family this weekend. Wil and I LOVED the Lava River Cave so much that we talked his family into going this weekend and camping by the cave. It was SO much fun!
Pudgie pies are a tradition in my Aunt's family, and I've come to associate a real camping trip with having pudgie pies. Wil and I looked at four different stores last week for pudgie pie makers - and no one seemed to have them. Thursday night after Andy's swim meet, I decided to stop at Cabellas to see if they would have them. They did, so I bought two. I came home to find that Wil had gone to Cabellas after work that day and bought some as well - oops! :-)
I realized while we trying to make the pudgie pies that I've never actually made them all by myself. I've put the bread in the irons and stuffed them, but I've never actually cooked them - that was always left to a grown up. We weren't sure how long to cook them in the fire, so our first two turned out like this...
After a few batches, they got a lot better, but I'm going to have to ask my aunt for some tips - they weren't nearly as good as the ones I remember having when I went camping with her as a kid.
1 comment:
You guys are becoming quite the weekend adventurers!
Post a Comment