Thursday, January 8, 2009

Elvis is in the Building

We brought Elvis home Monday. The vet gave him his booster shot, neutered him and removed his dewclaws all at once. Ever since, he's had to wear this lovely surgery collar/cone hat.


We didn't really think the whole neutering him before we brought him home plan through because he is absolutely hating life at our house with this cone hat (the real logic was that if we got his booster shot when we got him neutered, we wouldn't have to pay for an office visit at the vet). I'm pretty sure he would much rather live at the lady's house with the mean dog (my grandma and Oscar) or the house with the big yard and lots of playmates (my aunt and uncle's).

I took Elvis for a walk last night and tonight to try to bribe him into liking our house (don't worry, I didn't make him wear the collar on his walk; the neighbor dogs might make fun of him). We're even letting him lay on the couch and every once in a while we let him sleep on the bed for a bit... I'm not sure what's going to happen when we decide he's better and it's time to enforce the rules.

On another Elvis side note...I taught him how to sit this morning. I said sit and he sat, three or four times. I tried to get him to sit when I got home tonight...not so much. Maybe he'll be in the mood again tomorrow morning! :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Run... don't walk, to your nearest PetSmart and sign up for Beginning Doggie School. Elvis is too old for the puppy class, which we have Sadie in, but he could do the beginning class. So worth the money! We are loving it and Sadie is doing so well!

Our second favorite purchase for Sadie is the comfy bed/pillow thing we bought her at Sam's Club. We got the kind that has an edge around it so she has somewhere for her head.

Nikki said...

He is very adorable, but also looks completely miserable. I look forward to meeting him!