Monday, January 26, 2009

Movie Quote Game

One of my friends posted this game on her blog, and I liked it so much, I have no qualms about stealing it. Following are quotes from 15 of Wil's and my favorite movies. As a hint, seven of the quotes are from my favorite movies, seven of the quotes are from Wil's favorite movies and one of the quotes is a line we discovered together and both love and use frequently.

Make your guesses in the comments section and we will post the answers this weekend. And no cheating! You can look up the answers after you guess, but you can't look them up before you guess...that's no fun!

1. "I like Mass better in Latin. It's nicer when you don't know what they're saying."

2. "Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove. Were those magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?"

3. "Don't call me son; I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States navy, and you're under arrest you son of a..."

4. Jenny: "Who do we know that owns a Jaguar?" Ed: "Could be a celebrity, coming to knit with you." Jenny: "Oh, shut up!"

5. "This place is a tomb. I'm going to the nut shop where it's fun."

6. "Well the way they make shows is, they make one show. That show's called a pilot. Then they show that show to the people who make shows, and on the strength of that one show they decide if they're going to make more shows. Some pilots get picked and become television programs. Some don't...become nothing. She starred in one of the ones that became nothing."

7. "This song is an excellent cure for the will to live."

8. "Listen, I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is!...Momma di'nt raise no fool."

9. "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan."

10. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."

11. "He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using."

12. "Miss Haynes, if you're ever under a falling building and someone offers to pick you up and carry you to safety, don't think, don't pause, don't hesitate for a moment, just spit in his eye."

13. "Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger, [He does] and you give me my phone call."

14. "I swear I will break you to pieces with my bare hands...or vicious rhetoric!"

15. "I'm a god. I'm not *the* God...I don't think."

5 comments:

Nikki said...

ok, I obviously don't watch enough movies... cause I don't know these either. In fact, at least I knew two or three of Alison's. I know none of yours! HOWEVER, there are several that were so funny, I need to know what those movies are so I can rent them!

the Danosaur said...

I only know two:

11. Princess Bride (my favorite movie ever. Pretty sure I've got the whole thing memorized)

14. Win a date with Tad Hamilton, OF COURSE!

And 7 was hilariously funny out of context, I can only imagine how funny it would have been IN context.

Jaelynn said...

Here are my guesses:

1. While you were sleeping
2.
3. …ah! I know this one….
4. Raising Helen
5. You’ve Got Mail (a classic line)
6.
7.
8. Ten Things I Hate About You
9. Hunt for Red October
10. Princess Diaries
11. Princess Bride
12. White Christmas (only had to read half the first line)
13.
14. How to Win a Date with Tad Hamilton
15.

Nikki said...

Is 3 - A Few Good Men?

Alison said...

from one hoity toity movie watcher to another... here are my guesses...

1. While You Were Sleeping

2. "did you say you were a FAST cook?" - My Cousin Vinny

5. You've Got Mail

7. Music and Lyrics

9. Hunt for Red October

11. Top Gun

12. White Christmas