My grandma got new appliances on New Year's Eve. She is extremely proud of her new dishwasher, flat-top stove, microwave and refrigerator! A local resort was remodeling their casitas and sold the appliances that were barely used for $25 a piece...which means my grandma got a whole new kitchen, in white (she used to have creme) for a grand total of $100. I'll bet if you ask her, she will tell you it's the best $100 she's ever spent!
Wil installed the fridge, stove and dishwasher on New Years Eve.
When he told us the dishwasher was leaking, I thought he meant he didn't connect it right. Nope, turns out someone at the hotel had put dish soap in the spot where you usually put Jet Dry.
We weren't sure what to do or how to get the dish soap out of the Jet Dry area, so we put a towel down (well, after I snapped this picture of course!) and let it bubble. It bubbled and foamed for three or four rinse cycles. It was kind of fun...I've heard about dishwashers doing that before, but I'd never actually seen it!
Wil installed the microwave on New Year's Day, and it took almost as much time as the other three appliances combined! But, if you ever need to know how to install an above the stove microwave - Wil is now an expert!
1 comment:
Ok... amazing bargain shopper your grandma is. That is some sort of record! I'm soooooooooo impressed.
Post a Comment